Key features of the MFD28
– Technical Details –
- Opening 70.3x52mm
- Aperture 94x58mm
- Depth 18.5mm
- Thickness of the cover: 4.5mm
- Input voltage: 12V (options are available for further voltages 5V, 24V)
- Temperature range: -10 to 70 ° C
- Current consumption: 250mA (optional: + 100mA shift light)
– Supported vehicles and ECUs -
Customers always ask: “Which values can I query from my control unit”. The answer: ” ALL “. The display is compatible with ISO 11898-2 and SAE J2284. Both CAN2.0A and CAN2.0B (i.e. 11 and 29 bit identifiers) are supported.
The control unit manufacturers themselves determine which values are sent via the CAN bus interface and document them accordingly. Therefore, here is just a small excerpt from the most important sensors. There are always more available. A total of up to 50 sensors can be queried if the manufacturer supports this. Further supported control devices can be found in our download area
A small note on Megasquirt: all derivatives are supported here, such as KDFI, UMC1, Microsquirt etc. However, a CAN bus interface must be implemented.
If the desired control unit is not listed, please contact us: Contact form
– MFD28, your full flexibility –
– customize directly on the screen –
- 10 displays fully configurable
- Up to 17 widgets per ad
- 8 different widgets (digital number, bar, speed widget, single pointer, log, image (from SD card), number, circle, logging start / stop)
- Widgets can be moved using drag’n’drop
- Resize the widgets
- Color adjustment of the widgets (depending on the widget)
– Demo video of the MFD28 and the standard displays –
– Personalize widgets –
Depending on the widget, in addition to the size and position , the colors or color gradients can also be adjusted.
In the two examples, the “boost pressure” sensor (marked in red) changed the color gradient from blue / red to red / green.
– individual min and max warning values per sensor –
|min value:||lowest value that occurred|
|min warning value:||Value from which a warning is issued if the value falls below the limit|
|Max value:||highest value that occurred|
|max warn value:||Value from which a warning is issued when exceeded|
|Beep:||A tone is emitted if the “min / max warning value” is exceeded or not reached|
|Popup:||If the “min / max warning value” is exceeded or not reached, a pop-up window is displayed|
|RefSensor:||only when this sensor …|
|RefValue:||… is above this value, you will be warned|
|Active:||the input should be queried|
|0V:||Sensor value at 0V (from data sheet)|
|5V:||Sensor value at 5V (from data sheet)|
– Logging, whenever you need it –
4 different types of logging
- USB: logs all sensor data live via USB
- * SD card: all sensor data are logged onto the SD card
- Debug: all CAN bus data is logged via USB
- CAN logger: all CAN bus data is logged on the SD card
The log viewer is available online to evaluate the logs . Simply load the log file and use the intuitive interface.
* from version 2.0 and “fast” SD card
– supported control units –
In general, all control devices are supported that have a documented CAN bus interface. The manufacturers usually supply a “dbc” file which can then be converted for the display.
- The following control units have already been tested:
- Megasquirt 2 and 3
- k-data KDFI
- UMC1 / UMC2
- EcuMaster Emu (standard with CAN, standard with Can Bus Adapter, Black)
- VAG (Audi / VW / Seat)
- van kronenburg KMS MD35 (MP25 with CAN bus adapter)
- AEM EMS
- Motorsport Electronics ME442 and ME221 (the latter with adapter)
- MME ECU481 (with MME Can Bus adapter)
- VEMS (with serial adapter)
Further supported control devices can be found in our download area .
If your control unit is not listed, please send me a short message: Contact
– Software updates of the MFD28 –
Software updates via the integrated microUSB interface. The software for this is made available when required and is very easy to use.
The updater is available for both Windows (32bit / 64bit) and Mac OSX.